Midea has already established an innovation system composed of four levels:
The first level features the post-doctoral workstation for scientific research and the technological institute, which are engaged in the research of fundamental and kernel techniques;
The second one mainly comprises the departments of industrial design and electronic control, for the study of common technologies;
Principal parts of the third level include such departments for the development of household, commercial, and overseas products, offering new designs in accordance with the breakdown demands of target markets;
Last but not least, the level with the pilot test factory as the main body, which is engaged in the research of technological and manufacturing skills in cooperation with related departments.
Midea has a complete system of basic technical research and product R&D, in addition to a post-doctoral research workstation for the enterprise. Besides, it has also a nationally advanced CAD center, world-class systems of CAID, CAD, and PDM, as well as rapid shaping facilities.
We have some advanced laboratories including a thermal balance laboratory, an enthalpy difference laboratory, an operating mode laboratory, a comprehensive laboratory, a noise experiment laboratory, an EMC laboratory, etc. Our quality evaluation center was recognized by TUV Rheinland Group (TUV) in 1997 and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) in 1998, and was certified to the standards of China’s National Accreditation Committee for Laboratories (CNACL) in 2000.
Midea has always been giving top priority to science and technology in the investment in business operation. And we are proud to own the following facilities:
- Two laboratories of thermal balance, the calorimeters in which are all imported from Japan, with the highest precision and the greatest measuring range.
- Three internationally advanced noise laboratories of adjustable operating modes, equipped with B & K testing devices made in Denmark;
- One imported comprehensive laboratory with the capacity to measure two kinds of devices (the cooling capacities of condensers and evaporators);
- Two of the 20 largest operating mode laboratories in the nation;
- Six laboratories of enthalpy difference for early development and spot-check of finished products;
- Vacuum detectors of helium mass spectrum imported from the German Leybold;
- Optically-controlled automatic fillers of secondary refrigerant imported from Denmark;
- Four-in-one safety detectors imported from the French BEI IDEACOD…
Midea has a clear quality policy and a strict quality objective, based on which we learn from the management of advanced enterprises and promote the 6 Sigma Quality Management, so as to steadily improve the quality of Midea’s products.
Upholding the philosophy of “quality is the dignity of an enterprise”, Midea has established a quality management system with customer orientation, with adherence to the principles of quality thinking, customer viewpoint, long-term vision, indifference rejection and the pursuit of zero defects. With the guidance of the above four principles, Midea has been providing sincere services to customers. Consequently, we have been enhancing the satisfaction of customers and the business performance of the enterprise, by paying due attention to problem prevention, continuous innovation, and constant improvement, and attaching importance to teamwork and the participation of each employee.
Product projective: the average repairing rate is decreased by 10% year-on-year (comparatively)
increased by 3% on average year on year (comparatively) 6 Sigma quality management:
Midea’s great efforts in quality management are evidenced by the fact that there are over 40 people with black belts promoting 6 Sigma within the enterprise. Our goal is that by the year 2007, Midea’s products can reach the standard of 6 Sigma on an overall basis, and the group can become a leader in the industry, providing world-class products and services to customers.
Related quality certifications:
- In 1995, we became the first enterprise in the Chinese air-conditioning industry to be certified to the British BSI and the ISO9001 quality management system by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency;
- In 1999, we were certified to the new ISO9001:2000 quality management system by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency, as well as to the OHSAS18001 system of occupational health and safety management;
- Distribution map of global quality certifications
Our major products have been certified to a number of standards including CCC, UL, CB, CE,