Position based at Corporate Office, Financial District, San Francisco, CA
Wine.com, the nation’s leading online wine store, is looking for a smart, high energy, entrepreneurial software developer who is passionate about using technology to reinvent the customer experience in the wine category. Our mission is to make it fun, easy and risk-free for our customers to discover great new wines from all over the world, whether shopping for themselves or sending gifts. We operate corporate offices in San Francisco, CA, as well as distribution centers in many other states across the country.
You will be responsible for developing scalable, robust, software for our consumers and our internal operations. If you are an enthusiastic C#, ASP.NET, and Web services developer with the skills to develop cutting-edge fulfillment solutions, this is your job! We are looking for people who can solve problems quickly and love being interrupted with challenges! Multi-tasking ability is a key to success here.
- Work with business users to define and implement our operational infrastructure: Shipping, Customer Care Tools, and Inventory Management.
- Work with our storefront team to extend our website, especially fulfillment options / inventory features.
- Work well in our team, sharing knowledge, best practices, and pitching in with ideas.
- Visit our warehouse regularly to walk through processes and find improvements.
- Support our business with ad-hoc issues.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software design and development
- Demonstrated skills in designing and building web-based applications using C# / ASP.Net / T-sql
- Strong abilities of implementation in agile development cycle without much guidance
- Can do attitude with startup mentality to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity and change
- High degree of Object Oriented philosophies and design pattern understanding
- Customer-focused attitude, while maintaining high engineering standards
- Creativity, flexibility, intelligence and integrity
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Interest in learning about wine.
- Interest in high volume, high quality order fulfillment.
- Get most excitement when a small optimization causes massive improvements in processing.
- Experience with Web Services.
- Experience with Windows Forms Click Once applications.
- Experience in e-commerce / retail.
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.